Monday, December 15, 2008

the grocery angel

i got the most wonderful call from my guy tonite!

he was on the way home from the grocery store
with his son.....and said he had to call because
he had a story i'd like.

there was a woman in front of him at the grocery
store. her groceries were rung up and it was time
for her to pay. she was reachin' in her purse for
her wallet when a man stepped up real nice like
and said 'excuse me, i've got it.' and he proceeded
to pay her one hundred and seventy dollar grocery
bill!!!

she actually didn't make a big fuss. she just thanked
him and left.

because she didn't make a fuss, my guy thought maybe
they knew each other. (he and i are forever jokin'
around in stores like we don't know each other)
so he asked the guy......do you know her?

nope.

he went on to explain that he owned his own business,
business was goin' well, he was fortunate and god
was tellin' him to give. he was guided to give to
that lady. so he did.

big smile here.
big smile.

the entire story rocks.
even the part about her not fussin'.
for some reason that makes me think she really did
need it!
and even the part about my guy callin' to tell me.
he knew i'd like it.

his son was in the car with him when he called.
i asked how his son reacted.

'he thought it was weird but cool.'

laughin'....and lovin' it.....

sendin' the grocery angel some love.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i think i love that grocery angel. that rocks. period.

Merry ME said...

I agree with t2. If I had an few extra hundred dollar bills, I'd love to be a grocery angel. Isn't it amazing the kind of love that happens in the middle of the most ordinary places.

Love this story. Thanks to your guy for sharing it.