Monday, December 15, 2008

a moment with zakk...

zakk's my youngest. and the least like me.
he's analytical, practical, logical and
very tolerant of my emotional outbursts.

we were just gearin' up to do something on
the computer together, when he stopped
everything and popped up a youtube vid
for me to see of some music group he likes.
oh! it's the same cello guys listed in a
few blogs below!

well....these guys do some song i never
heard of. they have vocals this time. i'm
watchin' and listening and tryin' to figure
out what it's all about.

ohhhhhh wow.....i figure it out.
it's a little controversial, so i'm gonna
leave all that part out here cause it's
not the point~!

so i'm listening and just am stunned by it.
i lean back in my chair. ask him quickly here
and there 'what's the words there?' he fills
me in.

it ends.
i just have fallen back in my chair.
i cover my face and groan.
uncover my face and throw up my arms.
oh wow.
wow.
oh wow.
ask him if it's about what i think it's about.
yeah.

oh wow.
i give this incredibly emotional response.
my face, voice and body go crazy tryin' to
explain how incredible i thought it was.

i look over at zakk.
he's sittin there with this silly grin on
his face.

and i burst out laughing.

what's it like for this logical, under control
kid??? i said that i thought it must be fun
to share something you like with someone who
REALLY gets it and likes it too! and i'm laughing
as i say this.....

he laughs too and says 'yeah. it's cool.'

oh man.....
how'd he get me for a mom?
i sure love havin' him for a son.

and i LOVE watchin' people be creative and
try to say something from their depths.

kinda inspires me...
think i'll go get my hands a little painty....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What song is it? Share, please :) It sounds amazing!