Thursday, December 18, 2008

wow.......

i know i'm on the exhausted side....
lotsa runnin'....headin' out soon for
more.......and i get kinda emotional
when i'm exhausted.....

so i'm wrappin' up a web order.
it's from a dad for his daughter.
he's havin' it directly shipped to her.

i'm doin' it up right...takin' some
extra time with it...because i think that's
way important.

and i'm wrapping it thinking about a dad
sending this to his daugthter...and i
started thinking about my own pop. how i
woulda felt if this came in the mail for me...
and i wrap some extra good vibes in the
package. send this father and daughter a
big hug....i'm so happy they have a relationship
where dad can send this....

and then i think of my own dad...second time
today.

great. i stop myself. is this gonna be one
of those dad days?? i ask myself.

bam.
everything stops.

i go look at the calendar.......
two years ago today.....it was two years
ago today he died.

wow.

the month's gotten away from me.
so much stuff goin' on right now....didn't
even know the date.

apparently part of me knew the date.....

so i'm takin' a moment here to stop.
honor my pop.
a funny duck, my pop.
hard stuff between us....
and yet i loved him with my whole heart.

may i take his best qualities and incorporate
them into my own living...

here's to my dad.
who will always be that first love of mine....

No comments: