Thursday, December 18, 2008

well, ya know....that's okay!

so i'm jump ropin' and hearin' my voice
say 'that mean little rat!' (see post below)
and it occurs to me that that must be
little terri surfacing! that's her language.
think it's time to check in with her.

so.....we take a walk, me and little terri.

and she says something that makes me laugh.
and i noticed that i laughed just like my
pop would have.

so i start thinking about my pop. all the
while little terri is still with me.

i loved him an awful lot.
and i think about how i woulda done almost
anything for him. but i just couldn't give
my life away for him. and little terri is
near by and she says 'and ya know, that's
okay.'

and so then i think of how he'll never know
how much he meant to me....and i look over
at little terri and say 'and ya know, that's
okay.'

suddenly, somehow thru this weird twist of
my imagination, little terri and i walk up
to a lake with water we're not sure of.

it's lake ya-know-that's-okay! and we decide
to put our toes in!

what about this thing in our lives? we stick
our toes in...
sure enough....
we look over at each other with huge grins:
well, ya know...THAT'S OKAY!

and then the games begin! we stick our toes
in, our ankles in.......
how about this happening in our life???
WELL YA KNOW, THAT'S OKAY?!

we're bustin' our guts laughin' and tryin' out
all kindsa parts of our lives that have hurt.
and then scream out to each other
WELL YA KNOW, THAT'S OKAY!
then peels of laughter!

i get to my goodmorningworld spot.

i stood there and grinned.
it could be a lake! it's a gully...a drain ditch...
and if we filled it up with water, well it just
could be lake well ya know that's okay!

so i filled it in my mind. and stood there grinnin'
at it.

as i (we) turned to walk back the tears started
coming. the stuff that was so sad, just came and
i cried and put my arm around little terri and we
looked at each other thru tears and smiled and yep...
we said our line!

and then!
we found ourselves headin' up to thousands and thousands
of black birds.

and they were singin' our line!
well,yaknow, that's okay well,ya know,that's okay....

and we both just hopped with delight!
they're singing it too!

we got under them.....thousands of them! and they're
makin' the most terrific noise! and in my head i am
screamin' along with them, little terri is dancing
under them....and we're all in on it together!

they follow us up the road! flyin' over our heads!
and i grinned....millions of birds flying over my head
and not one of them dropped anything on my head!

and i laughed out loud when i thought 'well, if one
did....well, ya know....that's okay!'

i was walkin' fast, in beat with the song, the air
was giving my face that rosy feel....
and i really knew it.
i really got it.
i may not have it an hour from now....but for the moment...
well, ya know.....it's just okay.

No comments: