Friday, January 16, 2009

can't you just feel it?

i love winter.
it's my favorite.
and i love fridays.
i get to go out to lunch with my sons.
and i love my room.
it's cozy and it's mine and i like it.
i sat on my bed this morning putting my
sox on just thinking how lucky i was to
have it.

yo was downstairs.
(usually he heads right up to his office)
but he finally finished some deadlines,
so he was workin' on makin' his room his own.
(he had shared a room all his life....first
time ever he's got it to himself!!)

that tickled me.
egged him on to put on some loud music.
i love that in the morning.
gets me all happy.

then egged him on to join me on the coldest
day yet of the winter for a walk!

at that point i was feelin' such gratitude
that i was practically sailing down the street!

it wasn't THAT cold. certainly not like the rest
of the country. just coldest it's been for us.
yo asked me if my face was frozen.
yeah! don't you love that, i responded?
that's one of my favorite parts of winter!

he grinned.

we moved outta the way of a truck.
a tree snagged my hat off.
i laughed cause it just held it on its
branch.

yo said it was cold too. needed a hat.

it felt so good to have the hat off.
i kept it off.

yo said now my whole head could freeze.

but it felt so good. the cold in my hair...

i am feeling grateful for everything this
morning.

the fresh air that made my cheeks rosy.
the young man who willingly joins me.
the cozy house to return to.
the love that surrounds me.
the work that is waiting for me.

i like my life.

it's full of challenges, that's for sure.
but you know what? i'm up for them!
and i'm even grateful for that......
i wasn't up for them ten years ago.
but i am now.

it's gonna be one heck of a good day.
can't you just feel it?

No comments: