Tuesday, January 13, 2009

it started with her earrings....

off i went this morning, with a topic in mind.
'in what areas of your life have you settled?'

ohmy.

who knows why, even i don't know where some of
these thoughts come from....
but my earrings popped into mind!

yeah.
grin.
what can i say?
profound, huh?

i didn't even get my ears pierced til after
my first kid was born!! pierced ears were
frowned upon when i was growing up in my house.
you COULD get them, but somehow it would make
you less than to have them. that wasn't said,
of course....you just felt it.

yeah.
no kidding.

so....i guess i got a little liberated after
having a kid, and i went out and got my ears
pierced! and it was dangly earring heaven ever
since! the longer the better! i got real good
at catchin' babies hands reaching for them!

then, after my third kid was born, i decided i
wanted a second hole in my ears. when my husband
said 'you're not really going to do that, are
you?!' i knew i had to! i promptly went off to
the nearest piercing place i could find!

i have loved wearing earrings. and i have a ton.
i've treated myself with getting new pairs when
i've done something i wanted to reward myself with.
my guy gave me a new pair every single day of my
birthday month one year! (yeah, he's pretty cool)
i have a ton of earrings. and i love wearing them.

so how come i'm rarely wearing them these days??

and so i tried to figure that out.
which led to how i was dressing and eating and taking
care of myself.

a lot of which has been tweaked since new years. but
a lot of which really still needs to be looked at.

and so the list began.

my gosh!
i think there should be a monthly inventory or something.
with the check list...have you settled here? how about
here? or over here??

i feel like my check list has got way too many checks
on it!!!

and so......i just went and grabbed two sets of my
favorite earrings and put them in.

it's a start.
and i'm rarin' to go to work on all of this!

No comments: