Thursday, February 19, 2009

humbled

and so i needed a jolt of my own son.

and so yo and i walked.
zakk can't quite bring himself to move
this early.

and i asked yo what his thoughts were on
arrogance. (see post below)

and as usual, his spirit knocked my sox
off.

he said he didn't know how anyone could be
anything but humbled when they looked
around themselves.

that there were so many people so good at
so many different things. that he was
humbled every day.

he said you either had to be blind to that
or think you know all the answers. and then
he added 'how exhausting would that be? to
have to have all the answers?!"

he then talked of all the talent he sees
around him. and he talked with such admiration
and respect.

it was like a breath of fresh air.

we talked about the people who REALLY knew
their stuff and didn't put that in your face.

and...i added......it seems to me that the
really talented people are the ones who can
offer admiration easily. i have found that
the people who come to me and compliment me the
most are people who are so outta my league
in talent. but they share admiration for me
anyway.

they have the confidence to see everyone's
gifts.

ohhhh let's do that again!

they have the confidence to see everyone's
gifts.

ohhhhh i like that.

think i'm gonna have to send that to my email
buddy.....see what he says.

and as far as yo goes? he humbles me every day.

No comments: