Saturday, February 14, 2009

it's all about love

it's not about being single.
it's not about being a couple.

i honestly don't think that's what valentine's
day is about.

it's about love.

all kindsa love!!!

there's self love.
have you gone there???

is it too hard? too weird???

and how many people give themselves a valentine???
but how cool would that be if that was part of the
deal??

what if it was just as common to ask what you are
doing for yourself to show love as it is to ask what
you're doing for your partner???

can you imagine??

hey, ter, whatchya doin' for yourself for valentine's
day? did you get yourself a treat or send yourself
a sappy note???

ohhhh wouldn't that be so fun????

then there's the whole 'god is love' theme.......

i love that thought, altho i hate the phrase.
i guess the phrase has become trite in my mind.
but the thought boggles and blows my mind to bits.
whether it's a god 'out there watching you' or a
god inside your depths......if it's all about love.....
what a concept!

so what if it was just as common to ask 'what are
you doing to touch that love today? what are you doing
to remind yourself that you are love/ed beyond your
capacity to even comprehend? what are you doing today
to remember that love?'

woe.
woe.
woe.

then there's the family love.

oh my goodness. don't even get me started on family.
but i gotta say i love my extended family like i love
no other people on the planet. and they have been some
of my biggest teachers when it comes to loving.

what have you done to stop and honor that today?
sometimes...and it's rare....but it happens....
i want to fall on my knees in gratitude for all they
have taught me. maybe today's the day for that kinda
thing.....

and then the fun family! the kids!!!
when i found myself unable to believe that love even
existed....the only place i could find it was with
my kids.

what a place to rejoice and touch love! what have
you done to let them know that they are your
personification of love???

and then there's friends.
i think that what my friends have meant to me is
just beyond words for me.....they are truly love in
my life.....
what have we done to let our friends know today that
we love them????

and yes....i am lucky enough to have a partner to
share it with today.

as it turns out.....ms. crazy about valentine's day
has a partner who isn't into holdiays...let alone
valentine's day!!!

so, no....it's not all the romantic deal from my
partner....but as he points out....he's romantic all
the time without being forced into it on one particular
day.

i'm grinnin'.
he doesn't get it yet.
he just doesn't get it yet.

but i'm okay with that.
because i'm gonna teach him!!!
and how fun will that be?!

it's about love.
all the way around about love.

what have you done today to thank it for being
in your life???

No comments: