Saturday, February 14, 2009

valentine gifts

the kids distracted me in their office while
the man who used to hate valentine's day set
up these huge inflatable hearts in my living room.
(you know those inflatable snowmen and santas
that are the rage these days at christmas??
well, think that but hearts)

i came down to these huge hearts standing on a cloud
in the middle of my living room.

he peeked around the corner grinning.

there were roses and some kooky wind heart thing that
will hang on my porch and blow in the wind....

all from the man who hated valentine's day when i met him.

we talked later and i thanked him up and down.
couldn't believe he had even bought roses when he swore he'd
never do that.....

he explained why he did to me.
and what he said melted me.
THAT was the gift from him.

we visited my elderly neighbor and brought her a valentine.
she didn't look so good when she answered the door.
we sat and talked and joked and laughed. at one point
her face totally lit up and she looked at me and said
'you tickle me.' her whole being was changed from when
we had first got there.

THAT was the gift from her.

and then....i did it.....i purposely looked in the darker
corners and shone some heart lite. i really did it.
and the universe handed me the chance to tell someone that
i struggle with, that i loved her.

THAT was the gift from the universe.

all day i thought of love.
all day i tried real hard to open to it.

one time i found myself wanting to close just a little bit
just to protect myself....
and then i changed my mind.....
i remembered the day.

josh is due in soon to report how his valentine gig went.
before he leaves, i want to tell the guys once again how
they are my personification of love and what it is that
they mean to me.

that's how i want to end the day.

then i'm gonna head to bed. i dragged the huge hearts into
my room. they are at the foot of my bed. they light up!!!
and i am going to sleep with the hearts inflated at the end
of the bed.

but first, i'm gonna lay real quiet and just look at them
and think of all the love that surrounds me.....

THAT will be my gift to me.

No comments: