Sunday, February 15, 2009

hope and friends...and love

i've mentioned her here before....
the lady who's been coming for years now
and bringing me bible verses to think about.
which is slightly odd as i'm not even christian.
but we manage beautifully together anyway.

we've shared some of life together thru the
visits. some of its joys. some of its losses.
and many many hugs.

as i sat having lunch with my guy yesterday,
there she was at my door. no bible. not with
anyone else. just her. it wasn't an 'official'
visit.

i pulled her in to finally meet that guy of mine.

turns out she was actually coming by just to find
me. just to make sure i was okay.

and there were tears in her eyes.

she had been worried as she knows my routine,
and hadn't found me after several tries and things
seemed 'different' here. the studio was dark
when she'd peek in...and she worried.

she turned to my guy and told him that she had
grown to really love me and she was thinking something
was really really wrong.

she came to find out if i was okay.

that was yesterday. valentine's day. i asked her
if she celebrated that day. she did not. i asked her
why. and we got to talking about celebrating and holidays
and such. she told me how she celebrated in her own way.
it was quite beautiful to see her face light up about
her own celebrations. and i was really happy for her that
she had a way that made her equally as happy as mine
made me.

she's on my mind this morning. and what she did is on
my mind.

the complete caring and love she showed me stunned me.
when she turned to tell my guy she loved me she said
'as i'm sure you do too.'
he agreed.

i stood there kinda thinking 'wow. how weird is this.
they love me.'

she doesn't know it, but she gave me one of my best
valentines......just doing what she did. just loving
me like that.

she may not have been celebrating valentine's day
yesterday, but she certainly was spreading love. and
she certainly touched my holiday.

the connections.
the paths crossing.
the fingers touching.
the intertwining of us all thru this crazy journey.

it really really hit me when she came by.

every person we meet....we just don't know how we're gonna
touch and be part of do we?

it amazes me.
and it tickles me.
and somehow it gives me hope......

and as she said to me yesterday.....
we need hope to get thru this life.
i smiled at her and said 'hope and friends.'

she smiled back.

'yes. hope and friends,' she agreed.

1 comment:

Carmen Rose said...

"hope and friends"
Agreed!