Tuesday, February 17, 2009

living rich

i ran back in from putting the mail out.
closed my front door, leaned on it and
looked around.

i love doin' that.

i love my house. the feeling i get when i'm
inside it. when i step inside.

there were hearts everywhere. and i smiled.
and i just felt good.

when i go pour my tea....
i always stop and feel.
my feet on the floor, the feel of my kitchen,
the sound of the water being poured.

i love that.

those are things that make me smile every time.

there's the sitting around my kitchen table with
the guys and listening to their caveman banter.

there's the newest thing of squirting this mmmmmm
smelling musk on myself as i sit at my computer.

these are all things i love.
and within the hour i will have touched every single
one of those things. i will have experienced them,
and smiled.

i will have touched gold.
i will have lived rich.

a very awesome thing to realize........

No comments: