Friday, February 27, 2009

naming bob

i decided to name him.

last nite in the shower, it dawned on me....
i need to name my guy in my blog.

bob.
his name is bob.

i name my sons, but not my guy.
why?
cause he's too precious to me? he's more mine
this way? or maybe he's less real? or maybe it's
fear? or maybe it's love?

who the heck knows. i think it's all of that!

but i decided it was time to name the man who
is such an incredible part of my life.

i have snips of emails and notes from people
hangin' all over my desk area/wall here....
stuff that keeps me goin' on a rough day.
stuff i can just stop and read every now and
again.

i wanted to put up a few of bob's quotes i
have hangin' here......to honor naming him
day and to share a little bit of wisdom as
we head into friday....

'life teaches us to be cautious,
to hedge our bets.
we buy into the illusion of safety
and sell our souls to keep it.
how much pain would you risk to have
your dreams?'


'if you could do something and know
with absolute certainty that you would
not fail, what would that be?'


'admit this is perfect, open to it
totally...and risk total hurt.'


and one i've even got hanging by my
kitchen sink:

'once you've made your choice,
it becomes a matter of trust.'


read that last one again.
that one's a kicker. i go back to that
over and over and over and over again.

and finally.......the first and
only bone sigh bob has written.....
he sent this to me when we were just
buddies and supporting each other thru
the worst times of our lives...
i was havin' a hard time...
and he wanted to encourage me to keep
on goin, so he wrote me the
following bone sigh -

'where's that damn fairy godmother
anyway, said cinderella.
and she bowed her head and wept.
nah
screw it she said
and fixed herself a red wine and
tofu float.
yeahhhhh.....'


and there you have him.
bob.

it's time i wrapped my whole heart
around him, don't ya think?!

2 comments:

Carmen Rose said...

Bob sounds marvelous! (But red wine and tofu? In the same glass?! Oy!)
<3

JoyZAChoice said...

YES!!!! Good for you, Ter. The 'naming of Bob'....AND the Tofutti Float. Just FYI, when I had my restaurant, one of our best sellers was a Cabernet Float....we used handcrafted ice cream made by a local 'angel' (her stuff was amazing!) and people would go nuts over it. So, the tofutti float isn't all that weird (if you asked me!). I say you go have yourself one!
Oh...and that quote..."once you've made the choice..." I LOVE that one. Gonna make me a little plaque to hang infront of me too.
Thanks!