Saturday, February 7, 2009

secrets

we had come to a place i couldn't accept
or understand and i told him that. it had
come time for us to keep our distance.
and i told him that.

he left a message the other day. would i
please call him. i sighed deep when i heard
it. i didn't want to. but i would. and i
would say what i had to say....

turns out he's the one who had something
to say. he said he had something to tell me.

and so he told me his secret.

he had got to a point where he figured out he
either tell his secret or lose me. and so
he told me.

i didn't know he had a secret.

or maybe i figure everyone's got a secret.

i just didn't know it was going to affect
my view of what's going on.

and i still don't know how it does.
i told him i needed to sit with it all.
and i thanked him for the trust he had handed
me.

secrets.
are they places we're ashamed?
places other people would be/are ashamed?
human places of mistakes, fate, genetics even.

we've all got them. i want to say none of them
matter, they don't make up who we are.
and yet....they do kinda. they are part of who
we are.

but when will we know who we are is perfect?

we don't have to feel the shame...

who we are is perfect.
we don't have to feel the shame.
sounds like a good mantra to me....

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

I think the problem with secrets is that they are kept in the dark. Once anything is illuminated, even awful icky stuff, it somehow loses its power. It doesn't make it less icky just less powerful.

Merry ME said...

When I read this post I got a little bit hung up on the word "perfect". As in none of is perfect, but who we are is perfect (?)/right for us.

So I looked up the word on dictionary.com. There are 22 definitions of the word. Therein lies part of my problem. Which one applies in the context of being exacty who we are - and being good enough?

I waded down to # 11 - Botany! Having all parts or members present. Aha! I said to myself. That's it. When all our parts are present - seeing, feeling, hearing, touching, loving - that's when we're perfect. That's when we know in our deep down knowing place that we're OK beyond any measure.