Thursday, February 19, 2009

a stumble bum

i ran to get some tea stuff together for a friend
who was stopping by. she had called needing a shoulder.
i ran to get something done real quick before she came
over. and then i ran to the kitchen.

i literally ran all over the house.
and i laughed at myself. it felt crazy and good.

then i sat.

we sat on my studio floor, with cups of tea, sharing
a friendship that matters to both of us.

and then i ran.

i literally ran to my mail box and back so i could
make that business call before that personal call came in.

and then i sat.

i laughed in both the business call and the personal
call. and i felt alive.

i ran to make coffee.

i made huge cups of whipped cream coffee that would make
starbucks drool.

and then i sat.

i had a business meeting with my sons.

i got so psyched about what we were doin', i couldn't get
to work fast enough on it.

i hopped up to my desk to get started!

i squirmed in my chair with delight when my guy got excited
about the 'making space' idea (see posts below) and wanted
to hop on board and work on making that part of his life.

i ran to meet josh. then i sat still and talked with him.

i laughed with my guy and told him i couldn't work fast enough.

i brainstormed business stuff every time i turned around with
different people.

i talked with someone about how she's progressing in healing.

and i rolled my eyes about people who drive me crazy.

the day flew by.
i couldn't keep up.
and it didn't bother me in the least today.
i thought hard, worked hard, loved hard.

somehow i was aware that everything i was doing mattered.
maybe not WHAT i was doing but HOW i was doing it.
and the moment i was doing it, i paid attention and was
present.

i relished my day today.

i have no idea why.
i have no idea what made that happen.

i sure wish i did as i'd repeat it over and over again.

but i don't know.

every now and then i stumble into the amazing.

today was one of those stumbles.....

my dad used to call me a stumble bum.

i thought of him tonite.

i certainly was one today, dad.
and it sure felt right.

No comments: