Friday, February 20, 2009

recognizing the gift

i stopped by a friend's blog to see how her husband
is doing. he's way way sick and she blogs about their
journey thru it. want to sober up and put life in
perspective...read about cancer being in 65-75% of
someone's bone marrow.

i walked after that.
i felt my legs. made my arms swing just a little more
than usual. felt them.

felt health.

and felt gratitude for that health.

i walked fast and felt alive.
i filled with gratitude for the ability to just
wander around my neighborhood.

not sure we really appreciate that stuff til
it's gone....and i don't want to do that.
i want to enjoy it while i've got it, ya know?

thought of the day ahead....it's totally filled
with good things. my entire day is full of things
i want to do and people i want to be with.

there isn't one doctor scheduled, one health report
i'm waiting for, one boring business meeting i have
to sit thru, no traffic in my commute.

there is work that i love, a new project that's got
me psyched, lunch with my kids, coffee with a friend
i haven't seen in years, and a warm bed waiting for
me at the end of it all...

i'm thinking that i'm pretty darn lucky.
and i'm embracing that with a big huge smile this
morning!

i thought of this couple and all they are going thru.
the heaviness of every single day.

somehow it feels like the least i can do is recognize
the gift i have today and live it.

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Thanks for the reminder.