Friday, May 15, 2009

a birthday present for you...

i love the idea of giving presents on MY
birthday! we ALL get to celebrate!
so okay, i'm a day early....but we're celebrating
all month! and it IS birthday EVE.

i offer you one of my all time favorite
quotes ever. hang on to your chair as this one
will knock you out of it.


'the day will come when,
after harnessing the winds,
the tides, and gravitation,
we shall harness for God
the energies of love.
and on that day,
for the second time in the
history of the world,
man will have discovered fire.

-pierre teilhard de chardin


i offer that as my birthday present.
bowing down to you....and the universe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eve to you!

You are right...that quote knocked my socks off. Thanks for sharing.

My Journey to Hope said...

Happy birthday! Mine's coming up, too. I think you're right to celebrate. I'm great at crises, but I suck at celebrating things. I love your poems and thoughts you post. Always insightful. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your day!

-Michelle