Tuesday, July 7, 2009

bowing to the sky....

my window was open, shade was pulled up....
my alarm went off and i opened my eyes.

there was the sky looking at me.

this beautiful morning sky.

i flipped my alarm off and snuggled into
my pillows to say good morning to the
sky....

what a way to wake up, i thought.

as i walked, the construction site was
quiet. i looked over....you can see a whole
lotta sky there now. they took the trees.
and i looked at that sky and just got
lost in it.

i walked up to my goodmorningworld spot and
laughed at myself.
ter, it's a highway. your big beautiful spot
is a highway. cars everywhere, just a little
spot of trees....
ahhh...but there's sky, i thought.
and i looked up at it.

turning the corner back onto my street
on the way home, i felt like i was walkin'
straight into the sky....

there's some song i heard once with a line in
it about the sky being like a lover to whom you
always belonged.

no kidding.

i love it so much.
and then when i stop and think that i have my
own sky inside me...(something i figured out
one day, and believe).....
well i just get this incredibly full feeling......

bowing to the sky this morning.
the one outside, and the one inside......

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

I'm reminded of the Glad Game.

"They took the trees but gave you the sky." How poetic. What a great way to turn a negative into a positive.

Awesome!