Monday, December 6, 2010

happy birthday, josh...

twenty five years ago today, josh came into the world.
wow.

he wasn't here before that.
where was he???? was he really nowhere???
that muddles me every time i think about it.

and now i can't imagine life without him.

i sit and look out the window and wonder where those years
have gone. and how this young man that i look
at now was ever really that tiny little guy in my arms.

i watch him grow and struggle and reach out and touch the
world around him and i'm in awe of this whole darn process
of life.

i don't know if it's because it's his 25th birthday, or
it's the early hours of the day, or what...
but i'm just filled with this feeling of having no understanding
of what it's all about, kinda knowing it's all beyond me,
and surrendering to that today.

surrendering to that today and covering myself in gratitude
for being allowed to watch a little boy become an extraordinary man.

happy birthday, josh.
you make my life beautiful.

4 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

Happy Birthday Josh!

Happy Birthday Mom!

I know exactly how you are feeling...I seem to have that feeling each year with my own children.

It truly is the 'wonder' of it all isn't it?

Big Hugs Star Woman!

Merry ME said...

Not sure of the exact saying, but it's something about giving your children wings and roots.

You've done both, Ter. You've inspired Josh to dream and take flight to all the places he can imagine. You've also given him a family to come home to on Friday night to share his stories with.

Does it get any better than that?

Happy BIrthday, Josh!

Anonymous said...

Thirty two years ago today, I held my beautiful daughter Connie for the first time, and my life was transformed. This summer my son will experience the same joy. Life is so good, my friends!!

Happy Birthday Josh
Happy Birthday Connie

Jennifer said...

When my son turned thiry I sent him his card with a photo of him and I when he was a few minutes old and told him what I was feeling at that moment in time. You just never forget it do you? And then if you're lucky - they become wonderful, loving, special adults. Blessings to both of you, Jennifer