Wednesday, July 25, 2012

sharing

i read this last nite and it was like someone threw a big ol' bucket
of relief over me.......

'Make no mistake, forgiveness and affirmation are not the same thing.
Affirmation is a way to avoid looking at evil. It is saying, 'Well yes,
my stepfather molested me as a child, but that was just his human failing,
part of his being damaged in childhood.' Forgiveness on the other hand
requires facing evil squarely. It is saying to your stepfather: "What you did
was wrong, despite your reasons for it. You committed a crime against me.
And I know that, but I still forgive you.

    That is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Real forgiveness is
a tough, tough process, but it is an absolutely necessary one for your mental
health.'

that's by m. scott peck........

No comments: