Wednesday, August 20, 2014

tears

i sat down to write a blog.
and stopped at the news first.
oh man.
that completely stopped me in my tracks.
and while i avoided the graphic images of james foley being beheaded,
i couldn't avoid the overwhelming sorrow that flooded over me.

i wrote his name down.
i wanted to know it.
and i cried for everybody.
including the people who did it.

and i knew there were millions of stories equally as horrible that aren't
put on vid for the world to see.....but are there.

and i couldn't write my blog.

i know that it's important to add light to the world, and to try to share
the positive and the healthy.

but for today i wanted to take a moment and just weep here for the
cruelty and hatred that just seems to keep feeding itself.

i just needed to pause.
and to look at it.
and to say 'i see.'
and to take a moment before getting back up and trying again
to believe in the light.

it makes me think of a bone sigh i wrote after the tragic shooting in norway -

'the darkness comes.
blackness surrounds.
overwhelmed, i fall to the ground.
and there, with my arms covering my head,
and with my tears soaking the earth,
wanting to block everything out,
it makes its way thru the pain.
it finds me.
the light i can't stop believing in.
the light that somehow will not die.
finding me again,
it tells me to stand and let it shine thru me.
tears still wet on my face, i stand.
choosing to believe, i face the world again
with light in my eyes.'

('for norway'...you can find it here.)

right now i'm still on the ground.
and want to take a moment here........

...tears watering the ground.
...tears all over the earth...

3 comments:

Diane in AR said...

tears flowing here as well. . .I am reminded of the words of survivors of all the holocausts that have brutally wounded our world - those who survive are called to witness and share the truth and not ignore the evils that men do. . .to each other. . .and by doing so, they and now we, with James Foley - honor him and hold close his family - your blog and your bone sigh honor those, as do your tears. . . crying with you

terri st. cloud said...

loving you, diane.

Mommymouse said...

Some days the light is truly hard to find when flooded with so much hate and so much sorrow.