Thursday, April 24, 2008

pepsi and a phone call

amazing what a little pepsi can do for your mood!

i try to stay away from that stuff...i know it's bad for
me, and i'm tryin' to watch my weight anyway.
water is what i need to be drinking!

but! it's also my drug of choice at certain moments.
makes me feel happy!
and so i went wild and had a pepsi.

and then a friend called.
we hadn't talked in awhile.
he's the third friend in two weeks who has let me
know that i haven't been very present!

hmmmm...
seems i've been caught up in 'stuff.'

a big part of that stuff has been tryin' to be there
for someone in the darkest time of their life. it's
taken so much energy from my end, that it leaves
little, if nothing, left for the 'extras' in my life.

thing is.......
what makes an 'extra' and 'extra'????!

ha!
that's the question, isn't it?!

my buddy who called today isn't an extra.
he matters!
my other buddies who said "hey! i thought you
were mad at me i haven't heard from you in so
long!"
ohmygosh....are they extras???

what the heck IS an extra??

not my buddies. not the people in my life who
hold me up when i'm down.
not the people in my life who laugh with me
and who share with me.

my gosh.
extras?!
i think not.

so how do i hold someone else up right now,
big time, and still make time for my non-extra
essentials?

i guess i hadn't realized that by letting my friend
part of my life slide, i was taking all that for granted.

i don't want to take any of my life for granted.

okay.

so how do i juggle all this?

haven't a clue.
but that pepsi just made me feel like i can!

and i know i will.......
because it matters.

No comments: