Saturday, June 21, 2008

workin' from the heart...

wow.
i found a gold mine last nite.
i found some letters my pop had written me years ago.
i so wish i had copies of the ones i'd written him as his
were responses to mine.

apparantly mine were some pretty from the heart notes.
no kidding, huh?! i could tell by the subjects he responded to.

and his......oh my.
what an eye opener.
they were so from his head.
hard to believe we're father and daughter.
and yet, i saw the similarities woven thru.

i honestly believe he was tryin' to show me love. that he
felt the notes were loving.

but wow.
you can't really love from the head, can you???

you just can't.

my dad was extreme. it was obvious. and it was obvious
it wasn't working. but how about the rest of us???
maybe not so obvious, but still doin' it.

while i know i operate from the heart most of the time,
i also know the head stuff gets in there too.

it doesn't just have to be about love. it's all about life.
all about life.

do you operate from the head or the heart?
and what areas are from the head?
and why???

i've also been thinking about the theme i was writing about
weeks ago....the 'make your life what you want' day/week
thing i was doin'....

i've been feelin' bad about the way something's goin' in my life.
but sittin' back and lettin' it happen. and you know what???
i've been operating from my head with that one!!!!
hearin' my heart pull at me, and listening to my head.

how about i make my life what i want?
well, i'm thinking that's gotta include workin' from the heart.

once again, my dad is one of my best teachers......

No comments: