Monday, July 28, 2008

keepin' your eyes on the prize.....

okay, the thought is still fuzzy.....
have to think thru more...
but i'm thinkin' it's a helpful one for me...

came up in a conversation this afternoon....

if you trust the intention of another person,
then you can do things from that foundation of trust
that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

um.
let me try that again....

i hit a rough spot with a friend. okay, say a real
rough spot. one that hits my vulnerabilities big time.
it's hard to reach out, or try to make it better or open
or whatever.

that's cause maybe i'm stuck on me.
i'm stuck on my vulnerabilities, my hurts. stuck on me.
but if i look on over at the other person and see that
i trust their basic intentions (and i may have to work
with that and look deeper than whatever it is that happened
to hurt me)...if there's a basic trust in their intentions
towards me, then i need to keep my eyes on that.

if i keep my eyes there, i can go and work it out.
if i keep my eyes on me, then i get stuck, and shut down.

it's a trust issue.

and how deep the trust goes......

and keeping your eyes on the trust....not the doubt.

a question of where you put your emphasis.....
where you put your power.

wow.
if i could only just live all this stuff........

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Hey Cuz,

Last week I heard "if you don't feel like you have the faith, that's okay, use God's." Sounds exactly like what you are saying about trust. Using someone else's trust til you can find or re-find your own. Their trust, their faith. Helping each other is a part of love isn't it?

I love how you are so open and honest in your blog. I haven't been writing or reading much lately. I seem to be "stuck on my vulnerabilities, my hurts, on me!"

Hugs to you