Monday, August 11, 2008

gold

there has never been a mom more blessed than this one.
i believe that with my whole heart.

i have three of the most fabulous men for sons.

competent, talented, warm, giving, generous, strong, smart,
i watched them shine yesterday. they gave so much of their
time and energy to help someone out yesterday....and they did
it with good spirits and love....and tremendous competence.

and i got to watch the whole thing.

i get to see the stuff no one else does.
i get to hear the alarms go off at 5:00 in the morning and
the 'good morning's' and the rushing around loading up and
the joking and the punching and the way they look out for each
other behind the scenes, and the brother jokes that go on between
them. i get to see the exhaustion, the looking out for my budgeting,
the trying to help me without letting me know their helping me,
the fatigue, and the headin' to bed sleepy...

to them, it's just life.

to me, it's gold.

No comments: