Monday, August 11, 2008

paint stained and happy

one of the things i knew i needed was to be with
two women friends of mine. and i got that yesterday
as we all gathered to help one of them with her
house projects.

that was the obvious. and it did wonders for me.

but it was the less obvious that is sitting with me
today keeping me company in my depths.

it was the coming together of a team. of people who
have been thru a whole lot, coming together and makin
things happen. it was three women and their kids.
....some wee kids, some man kids.

it was the mixing of all of that and the helping each
other. there was the physical help with the house, but
i went specifically looking for help with a personal struggle,
another came specifically looking for support with a new
path she wanted to take....

we were all there to give everything we could and open to
taking whatever was offered our way! no expectations. only
gratitude.

there was a lotta laughing, a ton of working, and something
coming back to life in me that just seemed to need yesterday.

it was beyond being with my women friends. it was a mixing of
lives that had been thru a lot. it was an appreciation of where
we had all been and an excitement of where we were all going.
and it was the actual working together that seemed to do something
for me. getting grimey and sweaty and painty and laughing thru it.
seemed like we had been doin' that for years verbally and there
we were living it in real life together yesterday.


i left paint stained and happy.

1 comment:

Zura said...

I thought of the three of you yesterday, and quite honestly, I was jealous that I couldn't be there with y'all. But I said prayers and hoped that love would surround all of you and yours. It sounds like it did :) Bless you and them.