Friday, August 29, 2008

old emails

i sat on the floor of my bedroom readin' old emails
i'd saved....
ones that meant a lot to me...
i got hooked. could do it all day.
but limited it as i needed to get back to work.
i stayed long enough to be reminded of things i
needed reminding of...
and i read enough to remember the journey i've been
on for years now.
i saw progress. that was nice.
and i saw themes that have remained constant.
work that still needs doin'.
and i saw love between me and my friends.
a whole lotta love.
a whole lotta support.

sometimes i forget.

and when i sit down long enough to remember,
i'm floored.
man.

there's been some pretty open exploring,
some incredible sharing...and some real
growing. not just with me. with people close
to me.

i read their words and just kinda think 'wow.'

we've been travelin', my friends and i.....

sometimes i get lost in the figurin' it out...
it feels good to be reminded of where we've been.

and once again i feel so very darn lucky.

No comments: