Monday, September 15, 2008

the sound of the ice cubes.....

my phone rang around midnite last nite.
just once then it stopped.
i laid in bed thinking about how those calls
can make me jittery. not much good news is passed
that time of nite.

an hour later the phone rang again.
this time more than one ring.
jittery, i picked it up.

it was my neighbor returning my call.
i heard his voice and i grinned.

it was his birthday yesterday and i had called and
left him a happy birthday message.

well, turns out he'd been celebratin' all day,
was a bit loose from the celebratin' and decided to
return the call.

grin.

he was totally oblivious to the time.
well, no, he did apologize for calling so late,
but he had just gotten my message.

big ol' smile at this point.

it was so good to hear something totally goofy
instead of all the things i thought it could be...

normally, he's the most thoughtful guy in the world,
and would never call past nine o'clock....ten o'clock
maybe if it was really important.

his drinking just changed his perspective last nite.

as i lay in bed after i hung up, i thought about
changing perspectives.

i want to change mine today.
drinking sounds like a good way to do it....
but i'm thinking i'll be drinking lotsa water.
and every time i have a sip and hear the ice cubes
hit and make that great sound they make, i'll think
of my neighbor today. you can change your perspective
lots of different ways. i want to try a healthy way.

he just reminded me that when you do, life can be
a lot more fun!

1 comment:

Sorrow said...

~grins~
I think I am going to take this one with me today lady
it's just to funny
and
fun
not too!