Monday, October 13, 2008

clarissa

clarissa pinkola estes is one of my all time
favorite authors. the name 'clarissa' is a
household name around here and her book 'women
who run with the wolves' has been like a bible
to me....

she has a letter she wrote that has been passed
around the internet for years. i've gotten it
many times in my mail box. i got it the
other day and knew it was about time i sat with
it once again. i printed it out, soaked in the words,
and figured i needed it by my bed.

i sent it to a friend the other day who was
doin' her own strugglin'. i thought for sure she
had seen it.

nope. first time.

so i thought maybe there might be a few other people
who haven't seen it....i wanted to offer it here...

here's the paragraph that knocks me to my knees...

'one of the most calming and powerful actions you can
do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and
show your soul. soul on deck shines like gold in dark
times. the light of the soul throws sparks, can send
up flares, builds signal fires, causes proper matters
to catch fire. to display the lantern of soul in
shadowy times like these - to be fierce and to show
mercy toward others; both are acts of immense bravery
and greatest necessity. struggling souls catch light
from other souls who are fully lit and willing to show
it. if you would help to calm the tumult, this is one
of the strongest things you can do.'

this woman always goes right to my bones. for the full
letter click here

1 comment:

Sorrow said...

Never heard of her/it, maybe I will go read...