Saturday, December 13, 2008

writing love......

i'm not a cutter.
never have been.
never even knew any cutters (that i was
aware of anyway) until the last seven years.
now i know about cutting in very personal ways.
and my understanding is it's pretty wide spread.

floors me. fills me with sadness, sickness, and
sorrow.

that's one reason that website 'to write love on
her arms' got to me so deeply. it's truly daring
to make love it's mission.

i was just writing a friend about it....
how that's what we need to do.
we need to write love on each other's arms.
all over the place.

i'm having my period right now. me and the moon!
right on with the full moon! (that tickles me to
no end! drove home last nite with the full moon
in my face and called my guy to tell him the big
news! me and the moon!! 'that's why you're calling???
he said! i laughed! yes! isn't it so cool?!)

i truly believe it is power time for me.
i love that name for it...and it really feels
like that for me.

i get quiet, reflective and there's something
different inside of me, maybe it's just i can
hear deeper.

this morning i can so easily see an arm cut
and bleeding. and i can so easily visualize
reaching out and holding it. wrapping it to stop
the bleeding. gently washing it, cleaning it.
caring for it. and gently, ever so gently taking my
fingertips and lovingly outlining LOVE across
it.

it's the world's arm. it's your arm. my arm.
her arm. his arm. i can just so feel it this
morning.

it's what we need to be doing. ya know?

i turn to my day and think 'how does one do that
with their day?'

and then i remember....it's power time for me.
i can hear deeper.

and so i'll listen closer,
i'll take a little longer to respond,
and i'll know how to because it's part of me.
all i gotta do is listen...

and ever so gently write love with my being.....

No comments: