Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the smell of zest....

ever since the other day when i was talkin' about
feelin' zesty, i couldn't get the idea out of my
head to buy some zest soap! no kidding! and i'm not
sure i ever bought that before. but i remember the
name. musta been a commercial somewhere in my life.

well......the only time that idea left my head, was
when i was at the store! so i kept forgetting.

so it was on zakk's list of things to get today when
he went out.

and then i got the news today that knocked any zest
right outta me. (see post below)....
but zakk got the soap anyway.

wow. it's strong smellin'.
of course!
why else would you call it zest?!!

so i took a bar and opened it and set it right next
to my keyboard. i just finished doin' my numbers for
the nite and turned to drop some emails.
when this wonderful whiff of zest hit my nose.

woe.

nah, i don't feel zesty.
but it did remind me that i'm alive.
i'm healthy.
i'm soooooo darn lucky.

and i need to keep some sense of a zest spark
inside of me always.

think i'll go take a shower. lather up a bit.
pass me that zest bar, would ya?

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

I didn't know they still made zest!

Have you considered lemons? They not only have zest, they look pretty in their yellow coats, and smell all lemony. Zest for all your senses. A more feminine kind of zest.

Just a thought.