Wednesday, February 18, 2009

tension magic

i just found the artist we're going to feature
next month on our site.

her art is so similar to mine, it's scary.
we are definitely kindred spirits. maybe sisters
from a past life!

i got so excited about it and asked her if she'd
join us. i am really tickled about this.

she said that i must have learned what she learned
in life....that it feels good to love and give
and uplift because there's always enough to go around.

i smiled.

yeah.
kinda.
maybe.
sorta.

i have moments.
like with this, i'm really excited.

the guys laughed at me and said 'go ahead, promote
the competition. it's like shell saying go shop
at exxon.'

i laughed.

no it's not. it's sharing stuff.
and i know that.

thing is......
i also know that i haven't totally learned what
she credited me with.

there's still the moments of fear and holding on
too tight, and not wanting to give, wanting to hold
back.

people don't see that as much as it's quiet and
deep inside me....

i don't get it either.
once you've experienced the good from the other
way, why is it hard to hold that?? why is it so
easy to go to the tight way?

thick headed, i guess.
that's what i told her.

don't know.

seems like i have that a lot. the constant
tension of both those worlds....
the open and the tight...

hmmmmm....
maybe there's magic in that tension between
the two?!

ooooohhhhhhhh!
now i like that idea.
i like that idea a lot.

it makes my struggles turn magical.

yes.
i'm goin' with that theory.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Terri, sorry it took me so long to get back to you...I have been accessing the internet via my crackberry or what I like to call my pinkberry...my computer has been sitting in best buy--aka worse buy for the LONGEST time getting fixed! but after 6 days without, a new 22 inch LCD flatscreen monitor and 500.00 bucks spent in software hardware and whatever else you can think of to put in my computer...I am back to life with my Eleanor (what I named my pride and joy over the years)...so yes I would love to chat with you and spark a friendship via email...my email is mkgoldmann_32@hotmail.com

Once again sorry it took me so long...it wasn't something I had to debate or think about...just something that I wasn't able to response back to you until now. Hope all is well. Hope to hear from you soon. Take Care, Michelle