Saturday, March 21, 2009

tuning the orchestra.....

it's weekend tidbit time!
here's something i read last nite in
'my grandfather's blessing' that i really
liked. want to keep this in mind forever.

she's explaining/quoting what a client once
told her.

reclaiming his integrity reminds him of the moment
before the concert when the concertmaster asks
the oboist to sound an A. 'at first there is chaos
and noise as all the parts of the orchestra try to
align themselves with the note. but each instrument
moves closer and closer to it, the noise diminishes
and when they all finally sound it together, there
is a moment of rest, of homecoming.

'that is how it feels to me. i am always tuning my
orchestra. somewhere deep inside there is a sound
that is mine alone, and i struggle daily to hear it
and tune my life to it. sometimes there are people
and situations that help me to hear my note more
clearly; other times, people and situations make it
harder for me to hear. a lot depends on my commitment
to listening and my intention to stay coherent with
this note. it is only when my life is tuned to my
note that i can play life's mysterious and holy
music without tainting it with my own discordance,
my own bitterness, resentment, agendas, fears.'


wow and wow.
off to tune my orchestra........

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

If you could be any instrument in the orchestra which one would it be?