Thursday, July 23, 2009

a laugh break....

there's life drama goin' on around me.
and it's gettin' to me a bit.
i've been tryin' to work real hard so
i'm available when needed and tryin' not
to go nuts. so it's been intense all the
way around.

today i couldn't take it anymore.
had enough. needed to go laugh.

he's in town for the reunion. called him
up. where you at? want some lunch? i need
a laugh.

the boys came along and we all met up.
he's a sport.

when we were just barely teens he liked
to make me blush.

guess he figured i needed it today as
he tried a few times and pulled it off.

i laughed. and laughed. and laughed.

and it felt so good to be out and goofin'.

i don't get this life stuff. there i sat
with some guy from my past i barely knew.
and yet that kooky connection we had from
so long ago made it work.

i'm back now turnin' back to work........
feelin' so grateful for the laugh break....

2 comments:

faerian said...

a good laugh and a frisson of something - even if it is long gone is like having a holiday - brava for making the call and for catching up with "Him"

Sorrow said...

Oh
I think I need one of those..