Wednesday, August 26, 2009

sharin' loves...

i've got a date today to
see his ceramics!

i met him at josh's housewarming.
one of josh's adult students.
and he does ceramics.
he's been wanting to show me what
he does.
and today's the day.

i'm not a big ceramics kinda gal.
i've got a few pieces that sweet
uncle ed has made me. and i treasure
them. but i'm mostly more a pottery
kinda person.

so the whole thing intrigues me.

he heard i'm an artist so he wants to
show me his art.

i think that's so cool.

i'm still not used to the 'artist' label.
and then to think that cause of that goofy
label, people want to share their art with
me....it's all a little mind boggling.

but the idea that i get to go see his art
have him show me what he does cause he loves
it and is proud of it....and he wants to share.

well....that totally tickles me.

i feel really honored.
and lucky.
and excited.

it has nothing to do with ceramics.
it has everything to do with sharin' someone's
heart.

what a gift to have someone say, here's a love
of mine....come look.

i am going to return the gift by really looking.
really seeing. and really appreciating.

and that doesn't feel like a giving at all.
it feels like i do the getting.

life is so cool sometimes.

No comments: