Monday, May 24, 2010

greasy gopher guts...

i started reading 'love, medicine and miracles.'
someone sent it to me and for the life of me,
i can't remember who. which i think is interesting
as i ALWAYS remember that stuff. i musta been havin'
a hard day or something.
if it's one of you, holler, as whoever sent it to me,
i really want to thank.

i am loving it. and i don't think there's any way i
woulda ever picked this up on my own.

it's inspiring me so much to be as healthy as i can,
in mind and body.

there's some stuff goin' on right now that i find
really hard. josh called to talk to me about it and
said he needed some help with it too as he was feelin'
a lotta negative stuff.

so i said 'okay, let's look at that like a whole
heap of greasy french fries....we just don't need that
stuff inside of us....'

and we talked about different ways we could look at
it.

this book keeps reminding me in such big ways how
powerful our minds are....
i want to do healthy things with mine.....
it's gonna be really interesting to watch where i
let the greasy gunky stuff come in....

oh man....what's that song???
greasy gopher guts???
what IS that song????
remember when you were a kid???

sorry.....i digress......

3 comments:

Melissa said...

*ahem*
mi-mi-mi-miiiiii

"great green globs of greasy, grimy gopher guts,
mutilated monkey meat,
little dirty birdie feet,
french fried eyeballs swimming in a pool of blood,
and I forgot my spoon.

but not my straw!"

you're right... definitely don't want that stuff inside. <3

Anonymous said...

Oh, did I give you that book? I think I did. Well, MAYBE I did, sort of or I would've given it to you if I'd thought of it and I really did mean to give it to you and if no one else fesses up can we pretend that I gave it to you and think really hard that I did give it to you and won't that be as if I did give it to you?
D

~peggi~ said...

Melissa....I can't believe you forgot the beginning of the song!
and the big SLURP! at the end!
Were all those girl scout camping trips for naught?!

Little gray gopher came out of his hole,
Out of his hole,
Out of his hole.
Little gray gopher came out of his hole,
To see what he could see.

Along comes a truck goin' ninety miles a second,
Ninety miles a second,
Ninety miles a second.
Along comes a truck goin' ninety miles a second.
and the little gray gopher went SPLAAT!

And there were.....

Great green gobbs of greasy grimy gopher guts........