Tuesday, June 22, 2010

travelin' thru

in the winter, there were times when i thought
NOTHING could compare to the feeling of a hot
hot shower.....i would just stand there and let
that water change me...bring me back to feelin'
way way good. there was just nothing like it.

this morning, as i took a blasting cold shower,
i had the biggest smile on my face. NOTHING is
as good as a cold shower when you're all sweaty
and hot, i thought.

and then i remembered the hot showers in the winter
and laughed. apparently i really like showers.

i was feelin' pretty darn good as i dried off and
thought of the day ahead. kinda checked in on my
feelings....okay, should be an easier day today,
i thought.

yesterday turned out to be kinda hard.
some stuff came up.
darn.
i got thru father's day pretty easily....and then,
there it was, the next day things started churning.

i decided to just let the stuff 'move thru.'
i didn't do anything except feel it.
i kept workin' and doin' my thing, but i felt it all day.
by the evening it truly felt like it was just moving thru...
and that all i had to do was let it pass right on thru me
and then i'd be done.

this morning i could feel just a little bit of it left.
it's almost done with its journey thru this time. i'm sure
it'll be back. but maybe i'll remember this when it comes
again....that i don't need to do anything at all with it.
just allow it.

and maybe go take a shower if it feels overwhelming.
cause hot or cold, they seem to bring me back to life!

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

When my dermitologist told me to refrain from taking long hot showers I looked him straight in the eye and said, "you might as well know up front that I'd be crazy if I gave up showers." Skin bumps be damned, my shower (s) is the best part of any day.

Sherry said...

lol...Merry Me, I think I was given that advice too..wish I had your answer at the time! For a long time I did most of my praying in the shower...there's something about a shower that just really lets you be alone with you...(and I don't even have kids!!)