Wednesday, December 22, 2010

joy stealing

just a thought that's been on my brain....

joy stealers don't know they're joy stealers.

well, some probably know.
but i think most of us steal joy without even
knowing we do.

wanted to throw that out here so we all might
think about watching a little more carefully
this season.

there's a million ways to steal joy......
words, reactions, tones, lack of tones, all
kindsa ways.

when people are joyful around you, it's a gift.
ya know?

it's a gift.

let's not smash that....no matter how unintentional
it is.

let's help magnify it and grow it. i mean...WHY NOT???
how hard is it to just encourage someone with their
own happiness???

something to think about this holiday season.....

2 comments:

Mama Sebo said...

So true. Thanks for the lovely reminder. Grow it, it can be infinite!

Jennifer said...

I try, I hope I do....my heart feels I share my smiles, spirit of hope - and if that is not so...I pray I'm woman enough to be gently told so I make a difference. Because that's the gift I want to give - it's what I've been given time and time again. With Love, Jennifer