Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a reminder

i needed some inspiration this morning.
and as if i'm not reading enough really great books
all at once, i had to grab another off my shelf.
one i've quoted here over and over again as i read from it -
'defy gravity' by caroline myss.
i really think this book has some amazing wisdom in it.

man, i wanted to pop all these great things here again
just to share. but since i've already done that i'll
just put one gem here.

this one just felt like what i needed this morning.

'the empowerment journey that is critical to your healing -
and to your life - comes from progressing through the deep
waters of your dark passions and continuing onward to
discover not what has been taken from you, but what you
have yet to give and who you have yet to become.'

i had a dream last nite that knocked me off center this
morning. kinda jolted my focus outta kilter.
which brings up some discontentment inside of me.
that one sentence seemed to grab my face with both its hands.
look me in the eyes and say 'remember what you are here for.'

sometimes i forget.
i will be reminding myself all day - don't get lost in the
small stuff. remember the big picture, remember who you want
to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were there, where you are, I would put one hand on each cheek, and look into your spirited eyes and say "Remember who you are, remember whose you are, remember that you took your power back, without permission, and it's still yours"

terri st. cloud said...

that brought tears to my eyes, cathy......thank you.....