Wednesday, May 21, 2014

sharing...

i sat by a fire last nite and thought about living.
how so many people can talk the talk.
and never even realize they're not walkin' it.

and how i want to be careful of that.

how i truly want to walk it as best i can.
stumbling along as i go, yes, but tryin' hard to keep walkin'.

and then i wrote something i wanted to share -

.......................

the challenge of living

to allow the sorrow and weight of life
and yet to dance with an easy and open heart.
to ache in your darkest depths
and yet to laugh from your light filled center.
to know the reality of humanity
and yet to believe in the magic of the stars.
to act with love in the middle of the fear
and to hold each moment as the gift that it is.
this is the challenge of living.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how meaningful this is to me. Due primarily to finances I am unable to utilize the treatment that would allow me to live. I have thought much about "living" since my first course of treatment. You have captured perfectly the thoughts I've had about the time left and how I want to spend it, how I want to leave this plane of existance, and what living really means. Thank you for , once again, putting my thoughts into such beautiful prose.
Fondly

terri st. cloud said...

joan. i don't even know what to say. you took my breath away. i'm gonna see if i can privately write you...

Anonymous said...

As always beautiful...
and like Your previous commenter states , it is how we live in the time that we have left, that you have captured so perfectly.
XXX
may may

terri st. cloud said...

i'm not sure how to do that. (always a bit techno challenged here! if you feel like droppin' me a personal note, feel free. if not, just know my heart is with you...

terri st. cloud said...

thanks, may may! :)

diane in ar said...

I so love this challenge of living - it is such a balance and we so often stumble and fall - but if we keep aware, we can meet and rejoice in this challenge - every day of our lives. . .

(Joan - keeping you in my prayers)

terri st. cloud said...

thanks, diane. and love the prayers you offer.....

Anonymous said...

I know the darkness oh, so well and I am growing toward the light.

-k

Unknown said...

I don't know how to private message you Joan; but I wanted you to know how much your post meant when I read it. You are a very strong and loving soul to be going through the trials you are going through and keep such a wonderful spirit alive inside you. That is what will sustain you. May nothing but positive energy follow you. Sending good energy your way.