Sunday, May 25, 2008

ballroom blitz?

there's this really goofy youtube video that i just love.
the boys showed it to me and actually had to explain it to me!!
but once they did, it became a favorite! i'm not sure i can put
a link here to it, but i'll try:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iDbBEAycs

it's a taxi cab driver who's won the lotto. so he can be real choosy
now as to who he picks up for a fare. he can do what he wants.
and he doesn't want anyone who's a drag.

there's this one part right in the beginning where he leans over
and locks his door cause he doesn't want this particular dull person
in his cab.

after another dull, disappointing person comes up, he gets out to
find the right one.......
and the right one is this goofy guy you'd never expect to be the one!

the test questions is "ballroom blitz?!" and well.....you have to watch
it to see.......

BOTH the cab driver and the guy who turns out to be the right fare,
are my heroes! i want to be both of them!

i cannot tell you how many times i've watched this thing! and when
i'm havin' a particularly tough time, one of my boys will pop it on for
me! it's symbolic to me....

"ballroom blitz" has taken on it's own meaning......something like
"are you going to add to my life or take away from it??" and add to
that "i have the power to let the good into my life and keep the stuff
that will drag me down out."

no kidding.......that's what this goofy commercial is to me. and it
makes me laugh with delight EVERY time!

it's not uncommon to hear someone in my house say "ballroom blitz?!"

it's a gorgeous day out today. i feel happy and have a million things
i want to do.....along with wanting to be a total lazy bum and hang out
with my sons today. i want to live today....to feel alive and grateful...
and to be joyful!

i want it to be a ballroom blitz day.
i want things/people who will add to it......who will make it better.......
and i'm going to be choosy about how i create my day today.....
and who i let in today......

ballroom blitz?

2 comments:

Sorrow said...

I have to share with you...The song Ballroom blitz is one of my families FAVORITES! it starts with "ready andy? alright mick, and somebody else, but we insert the kids names...in place. We had one horrible Christmas vacation 3 years ago, we hopped in the car to leave and the song started as we were pulling out, we went laughing and cheering down the road. That christmas is known as the ballroom blitz Christmas!"
now i'm going to go see if i can watch your video!
thanks for this mornings laugh!

Anonymous said...

I have a similar phrase. It's "You're either on the bus or off the bus." Sometimes it's a question, such as "Are you on the bus?"
It comes from a book about the early sixties and the hippie movement called, "The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test." It just means you have to be in the flow, get with the program, make choices about what you want. I use it a lot around the fam.