Tuesday, July 8, 2008

holly

so holly posted a comment on the 'glowing strands' blog...
and i bopped all over the place tryin' to figure out how to
respond to her. i still don't know! and then it occurred to me...
write her right here. because this isn't just to holly...
it's to every woman who has come thru my life showing me what
holly showed me just now....

that blog post related to something i've been strugglin' with
for a long time now....

i watched a little girl get court ordered to go back to a bad
situation. that's as far as i want to get into it because i still
don't have the stomach to talk much about it.

the blog post mentioned the magic inside that little girl and
the possibilities of her living into that magic some day.

holly commented.
just beginning to see her own golden strands of potential,
knowing she has to be true to herself.

bam. the light went on.
ever since i started bone sighs i have been privileged to
hear of women all over reclaiming their power, finding their
beauty, grabbing their magic. the stories of crawling, just
barely making it, but finding their spirits along the way...
i've been hearing these for a long time now.

talk about brilliant lamp posts for me along the way.

holly just brought all of that back to me.

today i carry every single one of you beautiful women in
my heart. thank you for reminding me that the human spirit
is an incredible, unpredictable, unboxable, amazing thing.

holly, karen, amy, lynn, lisa, mary, danelle, diane, margaret,
michele, denise, ellen, ann, barbara, cathy, jenny, kristina,
jennene, zura, sher, cheryl, ali, celeste, christie, lauren,
laura, susan, linda, pam, barbara, ruth, sandy, debby, maryann,
mary ann, kathy, dawn, kelly, kim, melissa, and every other
woman who's ever touched my heart....

you light up my path.

1 comment:

Square-Peg Karen said...

Oh Ter, I read this as I listened to a song that always makes me think of how hard AND beautiful life is (it's called Oh my God..by Jars of Clay - and it also reminds me of that little girl!) and i had goose bumps (someone called them spirit bumps recently) -

this is beautiful..that magic, the thing inside of all that no one and nothing can dull the shine of - oh! thank you for reminding me of it..
and isn't it gorgeous to be able to have what you said you were "privileged" to hear of - to be part of this stuff with other women, to tell our stories..wow oh wow...and YOU...you're such an inspiration - you listen, you share..give and receive..Ter, you're a mirror - showing so many of us how beautiful we are! I love you, I bow - namaste!!