Thursday, July 10, 2008

she took her life back...part one.

you guys ever read those really cool thoughts where people
say that you leave part of your soul back where there was trauma?
or you got hurt and lost a piece of yourself? or that kinda thing?
whenever i read them, they're worded so beautifully and i've always
been intrigued by the visual.

ever hear that 'call your spirit back' stuff?!
go back to the scene and call your spirit back.
i like that. it's kinda dramatic and powerful.

well, i hadn't really thought of any of that with myself lately....
but i think i kinda just did that in my own backwards kinda way.
as usual....i needed the universal shove into it all. and i got it.

i think i just did it.
last nite i couldn't sleep. i was wired. just layin' there.
and i grinned and thought.....maybe you don't sleep when you take
your life back. maybe you look out the window at the nite and feel
the beauty.

i sat on my bed and looked outside......
the world was mine......and it seemed so peaceful last nite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a jumpstart to the day, reading your "took back her life" entries. Sometimes we think we're writing for ourselves when our words also have an impact on another person's spirit. Thanks for the boost you gave mine this morning.

Terri, you're the best!
hugs,
Luna xoxo

Anonymous said...

Mine happened...at the kitchen table some 5 years ago...Just sitting there knowing that I HAD TO DO IT...crying all the while...knowing that moment was redefining and allowing me to take my life back...And although it is a constant journey...I affirm it every night before I go to sleep...with an affirmation of love to myself!