Sunday, August 24, 2008

distractions

oh ho ho is there a lesson in here somewhere for me!

so there's this significant person in my life who
has held a heckuva lotta power over me in the past.
i mean, major turmoil inside of me has been stirred
by this person...

and today....nothin. no turmoil. no nothin'.
well..no there was something........but it wasn't
an emotional something.

it was curiosity, pondering, that kinda thing.

so okay. that in itself is actually huge news.
huge huge news.

so why aren't i doin' back flips?

i'm thinking it's two things.
one is i know it's waves. life is waves.
and there will be another time when the turmoil
is back. so i'm not going to be fooled into thinking
all that's over.....

but the other reason......the other one has me
kinda excited...and thinking the other may actually
be a whole lot over is this....

i have other things that are more important to me
now to work on.

and THAT right there is where the lesson lies.
lays? lay? lie?

ah. but what the heck is the lesson??
i don't know.
i just feel one in here somewhere!
grin.

maybe it's this...
the things that seem so monumentally important to
me aren't always going to be. other things come
along to distract me.

and maybe that's all it all is anyway...distractions.

i'm caught up in a different big distraction right
now.

and i'm wondering about that....and learning from the
first distraction to help me with this one now....

it's all connected, and it's all monumental, and none
of it matters all at once.

it really is okay, isn't it?

now. to hold onto this feeling as i walk into my other
distraction......

No comments: