Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a shoe commercial

i feel like a shoe commercial and i'm sitting here
with a grin a mile wide.

i'm going out with my guy to a wedding in a few
weeks. we're not exactly the dress up couple of
the year. truth is, in five years, we have NEVER
gone anywhere that we've dressed up together.

wow.
so. here it is. first time.
and i actually want to dress up and try to be
pretty, ya know??

so i splurged and ordered heels.
heels.
i don't even know if i can walk in heels anymore!
well......i got a size too big, so i called. and
they were so so so wonderful. taking good care of
me and getting me the right shoes right away.
ha!

and i hung up the phone all excited about the shoes
coming tomorrow.

and i couldn't believe it.
i saw myself and laughed out loud.

i remember feelin' like this when i was a teenager.
i think it's been that long since i've gotten excited
about heels!!

it's been a long long long long time since i've bought
myself something frivolous! i'm thinking if it makes
me this giddy, i have to do it more often!

i just remembered something....i was wearin' FLAT
sandals yesterday when i twisted my ankle. uh oh.
i think i'm gonna have to practice wearin' the heels....

ha!
and she found that she actually liked bein' girly.....

No comments: