Monday, September 29, 2008

evolving knuckle heads

we were talking about trusting ourselves...
knowing we can handle things okay.
she brought up what a knuckle head she used
to be.

oh that was easy.
i casually told her that's not who she is
now. look how far you've come, i said!
and she has. she's awesome. and doesn't
really know it because what she sees is
past knuckle head stuff. she's afraid that's
who she still is.

well, okay.
so i turn that on me.
oh no.
i actually hang my head when i remember
what a knuckle head i've been.

i'm astounded and totally embarrassed.

thing is.....if i can see that now, that
alone tells me i'm not there anymore.

but why can't she or i really believe that
we're past that stuff??

and ya know, i like to believe ten years
from now i'll look back to now and hang my
head at what a knuckle head i am now.

i want to keep growin' and gettin' beyond
where i'm at.

thing is......
what good is it if all i can see is where
i used to be???

seems like if i'm gonna do all this work,
i gotta open my eyes.

but openin' my eyes means seein' and believin'
in myself.

way easier for me to tell my friend to do.

sometimes i'm such a knuckle head.

No comments: