Thursday, September 18, 2008

girlfriends

i cried a little. i laughed a lot. and i laughed til i cried.
all a good combination.

the best part tho, was the tea party.
we were done with dinner and asked for a pot of tea.
one thing led to another and before you know it,
we were reading tea leaves and laughing like little
kids. the tea cups were tiny, tiny little things,
my friend got to the point she was pretend sipping.
my other friend grabbed the sprig of basil and pretended
they were cookies....and off we were in little girl land.
a tea party.

at one point i found myself with my head on my friend's
shoulder just laughing so hard i was crying.

that's a good feeling.

even when i was tearin' up earlier tellin' them a story,
that felt good. because they let me. they just let me
cry a little, say what i needed to...and let it all be okay.

as i was walkin' to my house, getting outta the car, my
friend shouted out her window....we love you, terri, just
the way you are.

girlfriends.
there's nothin' like them.

No comments: