Thursday, November 13, 2008

mantras

i'm sittin' here doin' my homework and started laughing.

a wonderful shop owner just sent me a little workbook
for me to work on to help with my trust in my financial
issues!!

it's a 30 day thing where you get a new mantra each day
and you have to write it out 40 times.

this actually works as i can just jot the sentences out
as i work at my desk thru out the day.

thing that doesn't work for me are some of the sentences.
and i had to laugh!

they use the word 'god.'

okay. i got stuck right there.

upbringing stuff i guess.
baggage stuff.
not like i don't believe in a bigger power....
just get kinda uncomfortable with that word.
so first sentence i put in 'universe' for god
and added a little extra part to the sentence.

and i grinned.
think i'll change universe around as i go too.
i can't find just the right word.

today....i just wasn't into the sentence they provided.
so i took the idea and reworded it to something
that i would actually truly say to myself.
whew.
that feels better.

i flipped thru the book.......
decided i'm just gonna have to write my own
mantras every day. i'll take their ideas and
reword for me.

and i laughed.
i thought i was a rule follower.
and obedient. tell me my homework and i'll do
it.

hmmmmmmm........
things have changed a bit.
and i'm likin' that.

i'll go along with it.
i'll play.
i'll try.
but please, let me talk to myself with
my own words!!

good thing this guy didn't have a room full
of people like me in the room when he tried to
get this goin'!!!

No comments: