Thursday, December 11, 2008

perspective

wow.
want life put into perspective?
i just got a note from someone who came thru and
bought some bone sighs last year at this time.

she started off with 'you probably don't remember this...'
and then proceeded to remind me of part of our conversation.
i immediately remembered it. it had made me laugh and nod
with that knowing only a mother has. i remembered that.

she was buying bone sighs for her daughters.

she wrote today to tell me her youngest passed away in april.

the note took my by surprise.
i was reading what she was reminding me of, and smiling all
over again and remembering good stuff and then wow.....
her next line was about her daughter's passing.

the tears immediately started flowing.

oh man.

i had written the post below this about enjoyin' cleanin'
with my sons just a little before i got this note....

do we really know what we've got when we've got it?
terri, pay attention. embrace what you have. love who you
love while you've got them.

it's all way way too short.

holding this mom in my heart today......

No comments: