Wednesday, January 21, 2009

good questions

speaking of good questions (see post below)

i had an email exchange recently that was
intense for me.

someone close to me was/is doing something
that in my eyes is inexcusably wrong.

i wanted to say 'morally' wrong....but when
you say that, people go to things like 'affairs'
and stuff like that.....

that kinda stuff is hard for me to get all
judgmental about as i think there's a lot of
confusion involved, needs, sometimes love....and
it's complicated and most times i think people
aren't deliberately hurting.
i don't know....it's just complicated.

but this situation isn't complicated in my eyes.
it's black and white wrong to me.

i tried to stay out of it, but he brought me in.

when i described the game that was being played,
he told me he was aware of the game and chose to
stay in it.

this was a new thought for me.

for some reason, i thought when people figured out
they were playing a game, they'd want out.
who wants games???

um.
he does.

funny how that's a new concept to me.

anyway.....the last thing i left him with was
a question....

well two.

what is it you are gaining by staying in the game?
what is it you are losing?

since then, i have been thinking about those questions
a lot.

i have a difficult situation i'm tryin' to figure out
right now.....and those questions keep runnin' thru
my head.

i like those a lot.

they seem like they should be asked on a routine basis.

what is it you are gaining in this situation?
what is it you are losing?

hmmmmm......

No comments: