Sunday, January 18, 2009

opportunity for choices

a reminder came tonite across the dinner table.

a situation i stepped out of and am considering
stepping back into hasn't changed.

as a matter of fact, it looks like it's only going
to get worse.

ohhhhhhh yeah.
that makes sense.

if i had thought it thru, i woulda known.
i guess i just didnt' want to see that tho.....

and so.
it occurs to me.
not everyone having a hard time needs me.
go figure.

they don't need me putting myself in their
face making sure they're okay. i don't have to step
back in like i had planned.

another opportunity to be real.

i will call in a few days and put it out there honestly.
speak my truth.

and then i will sit back and wait.

i do not have to hand myself to people at my own expense
when they might not even necessarily need that.

what a concept.

it's choices.
it's always choices.

why don't i let them decide what's healthy for them?

and why don't i stop trying to figure that out and work
on what's healthy for me?

i don't have to fix this.

how DO these obvious things get by me like this?!

i actually feel liberated.

doesn't mean i won't be there for her if she needs me.
it just means it will be HER choice to ask,
and my choice to respond.

it's not written one way because a challenge is ahead.

the challenge has given opportunity for choices to be made.

that is so cool.

No comments: